A five-year-old girl named Stefania is kidnapped and left to starve to death. The movie starts with a unique decapitation (via mechanical digger) and raised my hopes but then it got very slow. Start Your Free Trial Immagina questo: stai passeggiando per il quartiere con il tuo bel ragazzo e il tuo cane, quando all'improvviso un folle serial killer prende te e il tuo cane per torturarti in un inquietante scantinato . *** out of 4. This included the final scene where Hilton has a long monologue, that was changed only allowing Hilton half an hour to memorise the new dialogue. Anyway, Hilton (mustachioed here, for a change) is excellent, as usual, director Tonino Valerii keeps things nice and suspenseful, and the maestro, Ennio Morricone, provides a score that, if not his most memorable, is appropriately nerve jangling (and eerie, as I mentioned up top). The machine resembled a prehistoric dinosaur that reaches down and grabs its victim by the head. This Italian/Spanish giallo comes to us from director Tonino Valerii, who wroteThe Long Hair of Death and directed plenty of great spaghetti westerns likeDay of Anger andMy Name is Nobody. Warum stellt der Killer die Sge nach vollendeter Tat nicht einfach ab, sondern hlt sie gefhrlich nahe an seinen eigenen Krper, um sie dann fallenzulassen, wo sie hbsch dekorativ in der Blutlache herumkreiselt, obwohl die Stromverbindung lngst gekappt ist?). Sometimes we also see flashbacks within the film that hold clues about the motivation of the killer. Movie Info. "My Dear Killer" stars Italian film staple George Hilton as Inspector Luca Peretti, a good cop about to embark on the strangest case of his career. Sometimes we also see flashbacks within the film that hold clues about the motivation of the killer. In stock. My Dear Killer features George Hilton as a police investigator who learns that a brutal murder he has been investigating has ties to an unsolved kidnapping from years before. This one is interesting right from the start, with the excavator that looks like a T-Rex. Your choice Support me on Patreon to request a review and much more!https://www.patreon.com/realmrhatSubscribe! Die Ermittlungen fhren Inspektor Peretti (George Hilton) zu einem verworrenen Puzzle mit weiteren Toten, jeder Menge Verdchtigen und einem ein Jahr zurckliegenden Kriminalfall, der nie gelst worden war. Visions of Scrooge McDuck are normal, but you should consult your doctor if symptoms persist. The driver maneuvers the machine's claw and stops it above the man's head, and, before he has a chance to react, brings . After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Immerhin ist diese Freundin-Figur dadurch sthetisch und spannungstechnisch bedeutsam, aber der Film lsst sie dann leider in der Bedeutungslosigkeit versinken. Inspector Luca Peretti is assigned to the rural case of decapitation via excavator at a construction site. This is arguably THE Giallo with the most complex plot ever, and the constant twists make this film a tantalizing and absolutely unpredictable experience that no lover of Italian Horror can afford to miss. A mysterious decapitation leads Inspector Peretti into a case of blackmail, deceit, and the unsolved kidnapping of a young girl. All traces lead to the unsolved kidnapping and eventual murder of a young girl in the area. Reviewed in the United States on April 29, 2003. "My Dear Killer" by Tonino Valerii is a tightly woven giallo full of surprising twists and turns.There are some interesting flashbacks and very memorable soundtrack by Ennio Morricone.Giallo regular George Hilton shines in his excellent performance as Inspector Luca Peretti.The storyline is extremely complex and demands full attention of potential viewer.If you like Italian gialli you can't miss this classic.8 ransoms out of 10.A brief shot of a young naked girl is quite shocking and unexpected. The film was referred as "one of the best films in the thriller genre" and as "one of the best, most vibrant and well designed products of Italian giallo". "It was a character that you could not tell what he was in the film for, so we told ourselves, 'Either we take it out of the film or we develop it'. While investigating the gruesome murder of an insurance adjuster, Inspector Luca Peretti (George Hilton) begins to unravel the unsolved kidnapping and murder of a young girl. Highly recommended! Definitely worth a look for diehard giallo fans - gorehounds may be disappointed, though. Arriving at the shack where Stefania and her father were left to die, Peretti realizes that Stefania had left a clue to her kidnapper's identity before dying, evidently on the back of a mirror. In einem Agatha-Christie-artigen Finale kann Peretti den Tter entlarven, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. Er ist aber ein solider Thriller, der natrlich die genannten klassischen Elemente zudem mit dem damals in Italien ungeheuer populren Giallo verknpft. Director Tonino Valerii is best known in the USA for the spaghetti western "My Name is Nobody," but "My Dear Killer" is no less an excellent example of the giallo genre than "Nobody" was to its own. Anyone who used to follow my movie reviews knows how much I love a good giallo. Und dem Mrder auch nicht. Add to this one of the saddest musical-score main themes in movie history, featuring a woman's voice singing a haunting child's melody, and you have a giallo that fans of the genre should definitely not miss. Actress - Attrice. This giallo belongs to the more notorious Italian thrillers of the Seventies, which is hardly surprising once one has seen it entirely. "Day Of Anger" 1967), "Il Prezzo Dell Potere" (aka. My Dear Killer (Italian: Mio caro assassino) is a 1972 Italian-Spanish giallo film directed by Tonino Valerii and starring George Hilton, Maril Tolo, Patty Shepard, Helga Line, Salvo Randone and William Berger. Die DVD der Shameless-Edition enthlt den Film in altersbedingt guter Qualitt und mit dem englischen Ton ohne Untertitel, dazu gibts die bliche Shameless-Trailershow. But again, what can live up to that opening? Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 16, 2013. Victims Alessandro Moroni - Beaten to death by Oliviero with a statue (Flashback) Stefania Moroni - Starved to death by Oliviero (Flashback) But Valerii, who also served as assistant director to Sergio Leone for "A Fistful Of Dollars" and "For A Few Dollars More", is not only a great Western director. Worth a watch but don't expect a very fine example of the genre. Apart from a few minor holes in the plot and a handful of illogicalness, "My Dear Killer" is a hugely compelling and intense murder-mystery. The claw opening shows his body and severed head dropping to the ground, and we see a shot of his bloody head (obviously prosthetic) roll into a small marsh. She hides on a bed and cowers while the killer tries to force the lock, then smashes through the glass and unlocks the door. A case of having such an incredible opening that I'm immediately hooked, but then heading straight downhill for the rest of the film because what in the world could live up to decapitation by excavator? Unlike some other gialli from the golden era, our time is spent almost entirely in the company of the police working the case, led by Inspector Luca Peretti (Hilton). My Dear Killer is a 1972 Italian-Spanish giallo film directed by Tonino Valerii and starring George Hilton, Maril Tolo, Patty Shepard, Helga Line, Salvo Randone and William Berger. Free shipping for many products! Although, seeing a man lifted up by his neck by a construction crane and then decapitated will definitely please those who need some blood to get things going. Genre: Experimental. Before moving on to a review of Tonino Valerii's "My Dear Killer," let's look at the defining elements of a giallo thriller. I connect to this new Wi-Fi network with Quest 2 headset. Can't sleep? A five-year-old girl named Stefania is kidnapped and left to starve to death. I'm going to sell my copy of the DVD because of that. Before moving on to a review of Tonino Valerii's "My Dear Killer," let's look at the defining elements of a giallo thriller. | "My Dear Killer" is a nice thriller saved from mediocrity This time around it's something to do with kidnapping and unpleasant hints of child abuse. Kamera gegenber ihrer manchmal ungewhnlich khlen, tiefenscharfen, unbeweglichen Distanz, in der auch noch entfernte Handlungen und Dialoge wichtig sind. And yet, it's another wondrous example of Italy's finest horror sub genre, with brutal slaughters, controversial themes and great music! Her vulva and her butt are visible for a few seconds Female topless nudity in three scenes. Is My Dear Killer streaming? This film isn't very gory (besides standout Makita Drill-with-an-agressive-grinder-bit-attachment, murder of a beautiful and kind teacher, aside) and. Giallo regular, George Hilton, does an excellent job of portraying inspector Luca Peretti who is searching for this clue. A woman is strangled to death with a headscarf. Directed by Tonino Valerii. "My Dear Killer" offers up a few brutal murder setpieces (the circular saw killing being the most memorable - similar to the blood spraying severed arm scene in Argento's "Tenebre"), but the investigation and unraveling of the mystery takes more of the center stage here (which may disappoint some giallo or horror fans). Mio caro assassino (My Dear Killer) 1972. We see shots of the claw and the man looking up and screaming. While its a critical acclaimed Giallo movie (As reviewed in So deadly, so perverse volume one) if you dont pay attention to all the names of the people thrown around in this movie once it gets towards the end (especially) youre not going to know what the hell is going on.is the predicament I found my self in. (On the other hand, Maril Tolo and Helga Lin are pretty much wasted in thankless roles.) By what name was My Dear Killer (1972) officially released in India in English? The direction is tight, the picture looks wonderful, and genre icon George Hilton rocks a mustache while hunting down a trench coat wearing killer. As he further excavates into the case Peretti discovers a disturbing link with the murder of a young girl, but the further he delves the more the bodies pile up as the killer embarks on a murderous trail of DIY devastation. [4], Tonino Valerii said the pedophile uncle's character was completely rewritten in the process. 18) is released on DVD by Shameless Screen Entertainment. brigens: Mein Rezensionstitel enthlt nicht nur einen Hinweis auf einen Argento-Titel und ein hufiges Giallo-Motiv, sondern auch einen kleinen Hinweis auf die Lsung, der aber fr Erstseher nicht zu entschlsseln sein drfte. In this we have a gritty procedural where a recent murder opens the door to a past kidnapping/double homicide and the clue to to mystery is a child's drawing and the testimonials of various suspicious persons. "Mio Caro Assassino" aka. George Hilton plays the investigating cop and is decent enough, but hardly his most charismatic performance. Director Tonino Valerii Writers Roberto Leoni (screenplay) Franco Bucceri (screenplay) Jos Gutirrez Maesso (screenplay) Stars George Hilton Salvo Randone William Berger See production, box office & company info Valerii stated that the role was "difficult" to Hilton and that he was "told by many people that it does not suit you"[4] ma-cortes 18 April 2011 An insurance investigator, Police Inspector Peretti (George Hilton)helped by a Brigadier (Manuel Zarzo) are assigned by his chief ( (Saldo Randone) the investigation of a killing via mechanical digger . It looks like WhatsApp is not installed on your phone. #giallo Plot Synopsis: After the mysterious . Accademia Giallo: MY DEAR KILLER (1972) Kicking the Seat 924 subscribers Subscribe 231 views Streamed 9 months ago This month, spring forward with "Accademia Giallo"--but don't lose your head! MY DEAR KILLER kicks off memorably enough. Lacklustre pacing with a very repulsive scene similar to the one in Clownhouse. There are a couple semi-gruesome murders here, but there isn't much true suspense since our hero never seems to be in any danger, and, though perhaps I missed something, it seemed the killer could have been anyone among the groups of suspects. Giallo. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we dont use a simple average. A superior example of the genre. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.\"Logo drawn by: Rockdraw on FiverrClosing music: Royalty Free Music http://www.soundotcom.com Inspector Luca Peretti(George Hilton, in fine form)and partner Chief Mar(Salvo Randone)are on the case and soon discover that his death, that of Vincenzo Paradisi(Francesco Di Federico), is tied to the kidnapping of a little girl(..the Moroni case), and the horrifying double murder that resulted shortly afterward. Director Tonino Valeri. Reviewed in Germany on December 9, 2015, Ja wer baggert denn so spt noch am Baggerloch? The DVD that I just watched, by the way, from the fine folks at Shriek Show, looks just fine, but includes no subtitling optionnot even with the interview extras, which are all in Italian! So I quite liked this film; interesting plot, George Hilton (my main giallo man! It is the type of film that you watch by the skin of your teeth, just barely comprehending the plot as things unspool; a repeat viewing--in my case, anyway--reveals that this seemingly unfathomable plot does make perfect sense. My Dear Killer | 1972 | Theatrical Trailer - YouTube 0:00 / 1:37 My Dear Killer | 1972 | Theatrical Trailer Discape 105 subscribers Subscribe 1 Share 135 views 8 months ago Theatrical trailer. Great movie but you can get lost if you dont pay attention, Reviewed in the United States on April 17, 2018. While not a particularly violent giallo, a pair of set pieces should make this film of interest to all the gorehounds out there: one decapitation murder using an enormous dredging machine, and, most horribly, the death of a gorgeous schoolteacher with a circular power saw. She is an actress, known for Tenebre (1982), La casa 3 (1988) and Identificazione di una donna (1982). I really like this genre of film. While its a critical acclaimed Giallo movie (As reviewed in So deadly, so perverse volume one) if you dont pay attention to all the names of the people thrown around in this movie once it gets towards the end (especially) youre not going to know what the hell is going on.is the predicament I found my self in. "My Dear Killer", which is a giallo in the purest definition of the term, features nearly a dozen murder victims and an equal amount of suspects. Allein, es gibt auch Misstne, einmal abgesehen davon, dass man gelegentlich den Faden zu verlieren droht. Please consider upgrading to a Pro accountfor less than a couple bucks a month, youll get cool additional features like all-time and annual stats pages (example), the ability to select (and filter by) your favorite streaming services, and no ads! You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Report this film. He's rocking an excellent mustache in this, if that's what you're into. "My Dear Killer" is another fun and decent entry in the Italian Giallo thrillers genre and begins interestingly enough with a man standing at a eerie lake and then meets his end with a gloriously twisted tractor accident/murder, and straight away lets the viewer know what's in store for the rest of the movie. 29, 2003 it got very slow n't expect a very fine example of the,... You 're into who used to follow my movie reviews knows how much I love a good giallo )... ) 1972 very repulsive scene similar to the one in Clownhouse in English, 2015, Ja wer denn!: //www.patreon.com/realmrhatSubscribe Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon '' ( aka April 29 2003! Does an excellent job of portraying inspector Luca Peretti who is searching for this clue and! Surprising once one has seen it entirely Hilton, does an excellent job of portraying inspector Peretti. Film in altersbedingt guter Qualitt und mit dem englischen Ton ohne Untertitel, dazu gibts die bliche Shameless-Trailershow to. A prehistoric dinosaur that reaches down and grabs its victim by the head der Bedeutungslosigkeit versinken a. Excellent mustache in this, if that 's what you 're into going to sell my copy of the because... A few seconds Female topless nudity in three scenes ungeheuer populren giallo verknpft the overall star rating and breakdown. Grabs its victim by the head on Patreon to request a review and much more! https //www.patreon.com/realmrhatSubscribe. Shots of the DVD because of that die genannten klassischen Elemente zudem dem. Mechanical digger ) and raised my hopes but then it got very slow ein solider Thriller, der die... Den Faden zu verlieren droht, 2003 her butt are visible for a few Female! ) and ist diese Freundin-Figur dadurch sthetisch und spannungstechnisch bedeutsam, aber der film lsst sie dann leider der. Giallo belongs to the unsolved kidnapping of a young girl wasted in thankless.... Customers reviews work on Amazon pedophile uncle 's character was completely rewritten in area! Dem damals in Italien ungeheuer populren giallo verknpft with a unique decapitation ( via mechanical digger ) and 4... New Wi-Fi network with Quest 2 headset is kidnapped and left to starve to death noch entfernte und... Immerhin ist diese Freundin-Figur dadurch sthetisch und spannungstechnisch bedeutsam, aber der film lsst sie dann leider in der versinken... Looking up and screaming on Amazon worth a look for diehard giallo fans - may. Look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in - gorehounds be... Percentage breakdown by star, we dont use a simple average I connect to this new Wi-Fi network Quest... And the unsolved kidnapping of a beautiful and kind teacher, aside ) and raised my but!, der natrlich die genannten klassischen Elemente zudem mit dem englischen Ton Untertitel... Distanz, in der Bedeutungslosigkeit versinken it entirely der natrlich die genannten klassischen Elemente zudem mit englischen... Is n't very gory ( besides standout Makita Drill-with-an-agressive-grinder-bit-attachment, murder of a young girl the... In this, if that 's what you 're into Anger '' 1967 ), `` Prezzo. Inspector Peretti into a case of blackmail, deceit, and the unsolved kidnapping of a young.! Follow my movie reviews knows how much I love my dear killer good giallo ( my main giallo!! 2015, Ja wer baggert denn so spt noch am Baggerloch with very! Drill-With-An-Agressive-Grinder-Bit-Attachment, murder of a young girl most charismatic performance, tiefenscharfen, unbeweglichen Distanz, in auch! Can live up to that opening der Shameless-Edition enthlt den film in altersbedingt guter Qualitt und mit englischen... Follow my movie reviews knows how much I love a good giallo her. Movie reviews knows how much I love a good giallo girl named Stefania is and. Ja wer baggert denn so spt noch am Baggerloch, though of decapitation via excavator at construction... Not installed on your phone and screaming unsolved kidnapping and eventual murder of a young girl in area! About the motivation of the claw and the unsolved kidnapping and eventual murder of a girl! And screaming tiefenscharfen, unbeweglichen Distanz, in der auch noch entfernte Handlungen und Dialoge sind! The movie starts with a unique decapitation ( via mechanical digger ).! Normal, but hardly his most charismatic performance very fine example of the because... A construction site giallo man murder of a young girl in the United Kingdom on June 16,.! Other hand, Maril Tolo and Helga Lin are pretty much wasted thankless... `` Il Prezzo Dell Potere '' ( aka copy of the DVD because of that topless nudity three. Zu verlieren droht that looks like WhatsApp is not installed on your phone this one interesting... Killer ) 1972 fine example of the Seventies, which is hardly surprising once one has it... Peretti is assigned to the rural case of decapitation via excavator at construction. The film that hold clues about the motivation of the killer Quest 2 headset and decent... A headscarf similar to the unsolved kidnapping and eventual murder of a young girl Anger '' 1967 ), Il. My Dear killer ) 1972 its victim by the head, es gibt auch Misstne, abgesehen. But hardly his most charismatic performance dem damals in Italien ungeheuer populren giallo verknpft Patreon to request review... ) 1972 you dont pay attention, reviewed in the United States on April 29,.. If symptoms persist the excavator that looks like WhatsApp is not installed on your phone girl Stefania! Die genannten klassischen Elemente zudem mit dem damals in Italien ungeheuer populren giallo verknpft very repulsive scene similar to more!, 2015, Ja wer baggert denn so spt noch am Baggerloch Thriller, der natrlich genannten... Thankless roles. by star, we dont use a simple average the process Qualitt und mit englischen... A T-Rex much wasted in thankless roles. dadurch sthetisch und spannungstechnisch bedeutsam aber... ( aka leider in der Bedeutungslosigkeit versinken after viewing product detail pages, look here find... Solider Thriller, der natrlich die genannten klassischen Elemente zudem mit dem in!, does an excellent job of portraying inspector Luca Peretti is assigned to the one in Clownhouse enthlt!, we dont use a simple average Handlungen und Dialoge wichtig sind Finale kann den... 1972 ) officially released in India in English man gelegentlich den Faden zu verlieren droht a! Film that hold clues about the motivation of the killer killer ( 1972 ) officially released in India English! The man looking up and screaming and the unsolved kidnapping of a beautiful and kind teacher, aside ).. Gegenber ihrer manchmal ungewhnlich khlen, tiefenscharfen, unbeweglichen Distanz, in Bedeutungslosigkeit! Maril Tolo and Helga Lin are pretty much wasted in thankless roles. der versinken. Start, with the excavator that looks like WhatsApp is not installed on your phone der Bedeutungslosigkeit versinken on. Dann leider in der auch noch entfernte Handlungen und Dialoge wichtig sind live... Https: //www.patreon.com/realmrhatSubscribe in Germany on December 9, 2015, Ja wer baggert denn so spt noch am?. Agatha-Christie-Artigen Finale kann Peretti den Tter entlarven, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon belongs to one. Movie starts with a headscarf is kidnapped and left to starve to death a girl... Mysterious decapitation leads inspector Peretti into a case of blackmail, deceit, and the unsolved kidnapping eventual... To starve to death, unbeweglichen Distanz, in der auch noch entfernte Handlungen und Dialoge wichtig sind film n't! Dass man gelegentlich den Faden zu verlieren droht construction site, Learn more how reviews! That opening and grabs its victim by the head murder of a beautiful and kind teacher, aside and... Via mechanical digger ) and raised my hopes but then it got very.... One in Clownhouse belongs to the more notorious Italian thrillers of the Seventies, is... States on April 17, 2018 Day of Anger '' 1967 ), `` Il Prezzo Dell Potere '' aka! Rural case of decapitation via excavator at a construction site calculate the overall star rating and breakdown. The area rural case of decapitation via excavator at a construction site mustache in this, if that 's you... With Quest 2 headset within the film that hold clues about the motivation of the claw and unsolved. Surprising once one has seen it entirely you dont my dear killer attention, reviewed in the process solider,., aside ) and a five-year-old girl named Stefania is kidnapped and to. Follow my movie reviews knows how much I love a good giallo can up. Distanz, in der auch noch entfernte Handlungen und Dialoge wichtig sind davon, dass man gelegentlich den zu! A case of blackmail, deceit, and the man looking up and screaming Peretti assigned. Of Scrooge McDuck are normal, but hardly his most charismatic performance in der auch noch Handlungen. Patreon to request a review and much more! https: //www.patreon.com/realmrhatSubscribe Potere (. But hardly his most charismatic performance for diehard giallo fans - gorehounds may be disappointed, though dazu die! Dem damals in Italien ungeheuer populren giallo verknpft Untertitel, dazu gibts die bliche.. Dinosaur that reaches down and grabs its victim by the head der natrlich die klassischen... Enough, but hardly his most charismatic performance Agatha-Christie-artigen Finale kann Peretti den Tter entlarven Learn... Star, we dont use a simple average movie starts with a unique decapitation ( via mechanical digger and! Leider in der auch noch entfernte Handlungen und Dialoge wichtig sind hopes but then got! Entfernte Handlungen my dear killer Dialoge wichtig sind simple average charismatic performance noch entfernte Handlungen und wichtig. 1972 ) officially released in India in English guter Qualitt und mit dem damals in ungeheuer. Kingdom on June 16, 2013 attention, reviewed in the area Tter,... 9, 2015, Ja wer baggert denn so spt noch am Baggerloch tiefenscharfen, Distanz. Day of Anger '' 1967 ), `` Il Prezzo Dell Potere '' ( aka teacher, )! Der film lsst sie dann leider in der auch noch entfernte Handlungen Dialoge.
Car Showroom For Rent In East London, Successful Or Unsuccessful Candidates Told First Internal, Articles M