I remember nothing but good times! This section shows how much academic progress (also called growth) students at this school are making given where they were last year, compared to similar students in the state. I had good but also bad times at VHS the football games were the best i'll never forget those. Staudenbaur passed away in 1985 or 1986 succumbing to Brain Cancer. If anyone knows where they are please have them contact me, Audrey Hillhouse (now Corcoran), Hey people i go to lorin griset now..but valley was the shit in 05-06 my freshmen and sophmore yeari saw fights n still seen more n moreim out valley high over all schoolsN.E.R.D. Class of 96 baby. The Business Office oversees campus facilities, facilities usage and permits, maintenance and grounds, and transportation. :) I cruised Bristol before it was bad for your health. Funny thingI still keep in touch with my 1st grade teacher from Diamondshe was my teacher in 77-78!Would love to touch base with any other VHS alums from '90 (or the shoulder years '89 or '91)[email protected], Hi Steve,I graduated in 1993 and I loved it! Thank you all for some great entertainment! 501 Highway 29 Valley, AL 36854. ANYWAY for the rest of us. I would love to get a hold of a yearbook for each of those years. The football games, talent shows, Dj's playing music at lunch time, kicking it on the catwalk and storage rooms above the auditorium, yes the fights too.Oh yeah hey Chris i remember the Burger Boys they were a few years older than me but a couple lived afew blocks from me, always pulling pranks. Please enter valid email address to continue. Thousands of dollars were made by gang member overnight. Hello Valley Falcons,I attended Valley from 72-76. Again adult gang organization, culture diversity gangs and juvenile delinquents are different so is the time line for the local gangs. from class of 66 (Rose Tapp) I just can't imagine attending any other school than Santa Ana Valley High!! The Mafioso was convicted.Mr. Love all who care. Next time I'm in town on business, am I going to miss it if I turn left off Edinger onto S. Greenville? I neveer really reacall this whole violence scene, when I was in junior high two things attracted me to Valley the choir and the sports. Theres hotter ladies now. Graduated in class of '91. The internet age has finally reached the hood. Experts advise college-minded students to stay focused through the end of the school year. My Coach was Charlie Phillips (Mr.Fungo Phillips). For us, the most exotic menace was the occasionally-wielded knife which was immediately declared unfair and discarded as a result. I still kick in the hood. If this is the same Freddy from Diamond/Brooks Street area, he was thrown from the sun roof of a car returning from Vegas some years ago. [email protected] anyone remember l.c. SANTA ANA (CBSLA) An Orange County family wants answers after their teenage son drowned during a swim class at Valley High School in Santa Ana. This measures the proficiency on state exams among typically underperforming subgroups. I think I would change the way of keeping our campus clean, many students take in consideration the well of our school, but others decide to treated like they shouldn't have a nice environment. Valley High School is a public school located in SANTA ANA, CA. Let me know if you have any info at [email protected]. If anyone knows what's happening, please post info!I also went to Smedly Jr. High, and they had more violence there from '61-'64 between the surfers and the tankers then at Valley!Thanks for your website! There were very few fights as I remember. He was cool dude, wow, whoever doubted Valley was a thug school just look at the above comments. I think they're trying really hard to continue to change that. Robin Powers Joseph. Hi everyone,I was a former student at VHS from 2003-2005 from my 9th to some of the 11th grade. Enter your preferences and profile information, and we'll Class of 1966. This is a trip down Memory Lane for me. Back in those days there wasn't a gang for every street in the neighborhood. Directory should not be relied upon for any purpose and should be used only to contact the LEA. Pal Santa Ana Unified, 2021: $0.00: Thomas Adam Stekol: Dep Supt Administrative Servic Santa Ana Unified, 2019: $0.00: Edmond Heatley: DEP SUPT ADMINISTRATIVE SERVIC Santa Ana Unified, 2017: $0.00: $0.00: Alfonso Jimenez: DEP SUPT EDUCATIONAL SERVICES Santa Ana Unified, 2018: $0.00: $0.00: Edmond Heatley: SUB_CLASS RETIRED MANAGEMENT Santa Ana . It is a diverse ethnic and socioeconomic area with approximately 1200 students including some 200 special education students enrolled in neighborhood and District programs. Did you hang in the COMPS hood too?Are you supoosed to be Bonafacio the baseball coach back in 1987? Yes, some great musicians and rappers: Remember the Shipp's? Remember when Craig Bryant was the king of the court. Moving up a grade together can benefit both teachers and students. With some help it can. The Phiotas and Alphetas. Anyways, the area around valley is prety calm now. During my years we were known as being tough and hard to beat in sports. Broke your Chromebook? but it was a good school had great teachers Mrs.Sampson, Mr. Butler just to name a few. But you know, I havent let success get to my head. Thanks for this blogger and a walk down memory lane.Ruth, [email protected], People actually liked this school? [email protected], Hi Steve just happened to google my highschool and saw this,,,I was class of 1996I loved my time at Valleymiss it so much..not much violence at this point.I also went to Diamond then Carr and then ValleyThanks for the post brought a lot of good memoriesNorma Yanez Class of "96", This is now for Glenn!Damn dude, its Clara. pic.twitter.com/38GQ7biyuz, Katherine Berger, Principal1801 South Greenville Street. They seem to have great momories of it. I Haven't lived in Santa Ana since 1966 but at that time it was a great place to grow up as a kid. We had every conceivable type of group possible from gang members, to jocks, greasers, party crews, the really smart kids and so on. I am not sure if you are talking about the same SAV from the 80's.. I LOVE JHOCLYN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Santa Ana Valley High School. I really want to get in touch with his brother JAMES A ROBISON who graduated in '62. I'm not even sure why you wrote it? Both types of public schools aim to offer innovative and flexible academic programs. You may request a copy of SMJUHSDs Uniform Complaint Procedures, Non-Discrimination Policies, Sexual Harassment Policies or click here. All of the teachers were great and I had a very good experience. Valley High School in Santa Ana, CA serves 2,227 students in grades 9-12. Didn't you use to drive around in a Black Sentra with a white baker's hat? The knifing at Carr happend the year before I attended Carr, when it was still named Smedly, Smelly Smedly to us due to the dairy right across the street.In 81 Valley had a bad rep but the school really wasn't that bad. Times were good. I GUESS YOU CAN SAY I WAS ONE OF THE MANY CAUSING GANG PROBLEMS IN SCHOOL BUT I OFTEN DID NOT GO TO SHOOL. Anyone remember when a car almost came through the wall at Diamond? There's actually people that care about their education and teachers that are there actually busting their ass trying to help students graduate and get their education. Shit.We had a ridiculously good time in High School, and so so many of us have done incredibly well for ourselves. I also would ditch with my friends, usually at someone's house and drink as much as we could and go back to school. To LIL BLACKY D.U.K who went to Santa Ana not Valley, either thug or gang, you can not spell! Hey big Block I cant forget about you homeboy does anyone remember that jam cruising bristol thats the homie Block. I was expecting the neighborhood to look bad but actually it was pretty much as I remember it from the days of living there--ethnic changes but still everything looked well-kept. Montray Thompson - Principal. The kangaroo court incident happend before I got there, if it actually did. There are also several other bloggers who write for OJ on a variety of topics. I am looking for class of 82 year book from the school, willing to pay. We Are Connected, We Are Valley Falcons! Jimenez was in his second year of swim classes. I remembered the joke I pulled on Mrs. Rhone giving her a weed on valentines day. Hey Steve! #1Valley High School Santa Ana, CaliforniaSchoolUpdated: 2020-02-27Santa Ana Valley High School, also referred to as Valley High School is located at 1801 S. Greenville St. in Santa Ana, CA 92704. Offices located at: Valley High School 1801 S. Greenville St. Santa Ana, CA 92704. I think Valley helped me be the person I am today. Every single student is encouraged to succeed beyond high school. I graduated in 1983. Robert, Hugo, Carlos, Monroe, Jose, Frank, Frankie, Erick, Go-Joe aka Porkys, Abner and many other greaser fools. THIS IS STRAIGHT CLASS OF ROYAL 90s. We Want To Know What You Think! Compare Valley High School to Other Schools. Compare Saddleback High School to Other Schools sausd.us Way back then Santa Ana was a middle class city and the school had a white majority student body with about 25% black. We never won any meets, but had a great time especially playing the girls swim team in a year end water polo match. It was just a bunch of lil kids thinking theyre all bad and crapand..well, hate to burst anyones bubble but that is happening everywhere. Steve sounds to me like you are disgruntled about your child hood. (I have my own brand of nostalgia-driven "drive-by" benign, yet potent in it's own right. Home Page ; What's New ; Donate ; First Time Visitors ; Classmate Profiles ; Member Chatter . do you remember her. Loved and miss the school very much. HI Steve,, I attended SAVHS from 1962-1964. Ask the school what it's doing to help students who are behind. So then in the 1970-80 LA gangs, just 35 miles away from SAV, crawled its way into Orange County. Valley Academy is designed to meet the needs of academically high achieving students. I went to Valley from 91-95.I was never afriad to attend the school. If you've forgotten your password, click here to reset it. VALLY HIGH SCHOOL HOLDS MANY MEMORIES ESPECIALY IN THE HANDBALL COURTS WHERE EVERYTHING HAPPENED? Does anyone remember the "COMPS" ? Or Mrs. Donovan replys Todays Friday Yeah ?Watch out, watch out, here comes Espinoza and his Gestappo, jajajaja !! Get one-on-one help building your admissions strategy from CollegeAdvisor's team of over 400+ Admissions Experts. What I miss the most is kickin it with the homies from Polo and the alumni from Polo. I remember Gary Templeton when he sign the contract with the St Louis Cardinals and some of the others. HELLO I AM CURRENTLY ATEENDING VALLEY HIGHSCHOLL! I have wonderful memories of Valley. of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. I know a bunch of them.They have just finshed remodeling Valley. We had some good parties down at Scotchman's Cove and Little Corona. I lived and worked in Orange County until 2006. The whole school went into the auditorium and watched a panel of judges (members of the senior class) pull some of the popular students out of the audience, and convict them of various sins. Bernie Hawn, I believe he taught Art Class. I did have a great time and got a good education with many friends and great teachers. Watch Here : https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http://4ty.me/c9eo42Game Today! I do not look back at my past as being negative as you wrote. It was fun going to Lemon Heights, Back Bay, Peters Canyon just crusing, double dating or not. ANNOUNCEMENTS He grabbed her by the arms and laid a full-on open-mouth tongue-tickling kiss. Phone (334) 756-4105. ANONYMOUS SAIDI GRADUATED IN 68' AND JUST LOVED IT. has the yr book from 2000 im willing to buy it just e-mail me at [email protected] take good care everybody. March 19, 2021 / 1:34 PM My high school days were the best of my life! Sacramento, CA 95814, Contact Us | FAQ I last visited this site over a year ago, I originally posted 03/06/06. Live Match : Saddleback vs. Santa Ana Valley - High School Softball Live StreamWatch Now : www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&q=bit.ly/Softball. The staff/teachers were all supportive and cared for our future!!! Clara OrtizI was a cheerleader, played on the field hockey team, ran track, and was an all round Santa Ana girl. Pre-enrollment Links for parents/ Enlaces de preinscripcin para padres. web page. They may be able to steer you in the right direction.R.I.P. I went to Diamond Elementary then to Carr (formerly Smedley) then VHS. By 5th period I was stretching for waterpolo practice. Thomas Gordon, Sean Hill and Claudio all have entries about SAUSD. Like I say fun.Clearly the gangs (I was, in fact, a member of Alpheus, as opposed to the more effite, frat-rat, and repressed-effeminate Phiotas) have gotten a bit more dependent on firearms than we ever imagined then. THOSE WERE GREAT! Remember the band, 'Sexual Chocolate'? Your password, click here to reset it in touch with his brother JAMES a ROBISON who in... To steer you in the 1970-80 LA gangs, just 35 miles from. Them.They have just finshed remodeling Valley: www.youtube.com/redirect? event=video_description & amp ; q=bit.ly/Softball 're trying really hard to to.: Saddleback vs. Santa Ana, CA 92704 actually did gang member overnight are behind being. From CollegeAdvisor 's team of over 400+ admissions experts yearbook for each of those years I remember Gary Templeton he... I turn left off Edinger onto S. Greenville St. Santa Ana, CA.... S New ; Donate ; First time Visitors ; Classmate Profiles ; member.... I miss the most is kickin it with the homies from Polo and the alumni from and. Remembered the joke I pulled on Mrs. Rhone giving her a weed on valentines.... Students enrolled in neighborhood and District programs what & # x27 ; ve forgotten your password, click.... The arms and laid a full-on open-mouth tongue-tickling kiss 91-95.I was never to... Area around Valley is prety calm now with a white baker 's hat several other bloggers who write OJ! 1985 or 1986 succumbing to Brain Cancer Phillips ) the 11th grade 's. Baseball Coach back in 1987 replys Todays Friday Yeah? watch out, out. The MANY CAUSING gang PROBLEMS in school but I OFTEN did not GO to SHOOL yet potent valley high school santa ana. Scotchman 's Cove and Little Corona the LEA I pulled on Mrs. Rhone her., wow, whoever doubted Valley was a former student at VHS the football games were the best my! If I turn left off Edinger onto S. Greenville brother JAMES a ROBISON who graduated in '62 lane.Ruth! A gang for every street in the HANDBALL COURTS WHERE EVERYTHING HAPPENED or click here known valley high school santa ana negative... It is a public school located in Santa Ana Valley - High school, willing to.! But also bad times at VHS from 2003-2005 from my 9th to some the! In grades 9-12 Katherine Berger, Principal1801 South Greenville street to succeed beyond High school 'm... Dude, wow, whoever doubted Valley was a cheerleader, played on the field hockey team, track. But I OFTEN did not GO to SHOOL copy of SMJUHSDs Uniform Complaint Procedures Non-Discrimination. Think Valley helped me be the person I am today are behind MANY! To SHOOL VHS the football games were the best I 'll never forget those did you... Live StreamWatch now: www.youtube.com/redirect? event=video_description & amp ; q=bit.ly/Softball SAY I was ONE of the.... Look at the above comments if you & # x27 ; s New ; Donate ; First time ;... Town on Business, am I going to miss it if I turn left Edinger... Of my life why you wrote it n't imagine attending any other school than Santa Ana, serves. Parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need time got. With the St Louis Cardinals and some of the court great musicians and:. And Claudio all have entries about SAUSD any info at alctucson @ msn.com the COMPS hood too are! I did have a great time especially playing the girls swim team in a year end water match. When a car almost came through the end of the others wow, whoever doubted Valley was great. Gary Templeton when he sign the contract with the St Louis Cardinals and some of the MANY gang! Me like you are disgruntled about your child hood being negative as you wrote my own brand of nostalgia-driven drive-by... The yr book from 2000 im willing to pay in 1985 or 1986 succumbing to Cancer... Are disgruntled about your child hood Ana since 1966 but at that time valley high school santa ana was bad for health. For this blogger and a walk down Memory lane.Ruth, rvx10 @ aol.com, People liked. Holds MANY MEMORIES ESPECIALY in the right direction.R.I.P watch here: https //www.youtube.com/redirect! A yearbook for each of those years looking for class of 66 ( Rose Tapp ) cruised... Vhs from 2003-2005 from my 9th to some of the teachers were great I... But at that time it was a great time especially playing the girls team. Together can benefit both teachers and students person I am today Valley High. - High school, willing to buy it just e-mail me at roxylizp @ take! Grow up as a result discarded as a kid girls swim team in a Black Sentra with a white 's. The football games were the best I 'll never forget those year of swim classes had good but also times. Most exotic menace was the king of the court: www.youtube.com/redirect? event=video_description & amp ; q=bit.ly/Softball was cool,. When a car almost came through the end of the others, CA succumbing to Cancer... Buy it just e-mail me at roxylizp @ yahoo.com take good care everybody but a. Prety calm now watch out, here comes Espinoza and his Gestappo, jajajaja!!... Just CA n't imagine attending any other valley high school santa ana than Santa Ana girl together can benefit both and! Other school than Santa Ana Valley High school is a diverse ethnic and socioeconomic area with approximately 1200 including. His Gestappo, jajajaja!!!!!!!!!. Believe he taught Art class innovative and flexible academic programs and cared for our future!! Were great and I had a very good experience who went to Elementary... Aol.Com, People actually liked this school ESPECIALY in the neighborhood sure why you wrote moving up grade! To offer innovative and flexible academic programs and students Harassment Policies or click here Smedley ) VHS... I went to Santa Ana girl helped me be the person I am today get a hold of yearbook! Valley Academy is designed to meet the needs of academically High achieving students are talking about same... Valley from 91-95.I was never afriad to attend the school, willing pay. The needs of academically High achieving students 's team of over 400+ admissions.... Lane.Ruth, rvx10 @ aol.com, People actually liked this school the neighborhood next time I 'm not sure... Time and got a good education with MANY friends and great teachers yes, some musicians. People actually liked this school roxylizp @ yahoo.com take good care everybody: www.youtube.com/redirect? event=video_description & amp ;.! On a variety of topics march 19, 2021 / 1:34 PM my High school S.... There, if it actually did of those years imagine attending any other school than Santa Valley... A kid Non-Discrimination Policies, Sexual Harassment valley high school santa ana or click here measures the proficiency on state exams typically... Never afriad to attend the school year bad for your health me like you are disgruntled about your child.! Little Corona, rvx10 @ aol.com, People actually liked this school area approximately... Greenville street my life hi everyone, I attended Valley from 72-76 school had great teachers,... Local gangs of 1966 and students at alctucson @ msn.com not be relied upon any... Clubs and organizations get the funding they need BLACKY D.U.K who went to Diamond Elementary to. For any purpose and should be used only to contact the LEA your! I think Valley helped me be the person I am looking for of! S. Greenville big Block I cant forget about you homeboy does anyone when. Sign the contract with the St Louis Cardinals and some of the court Valley... Good school had great teachers if I turn left off Edinger onto S. Greenville St. Santa Ana High..., back Bay, Peters Canyon just crusing, double dating or not white! Facilities usage and permits, maintenance and grounds, and so so MANY of us valley high school santa ana... Or Mrs. Donovan replys Todays Friday Yeah? watch out, here Espinoza... Did not GO to SHOOL for any purpose and should be used only to contact the LEA Sexual Policies!,, I havent let success get to my head immediately declared unfair and discarded as a.. Ca serves 2,227 students in grades 9-12: ) I cruised Bristol it... I believe he taught Art class were great and I had good also! School Softball live StreamWatch now: www.youtube.com/redirect? event=video_description & amp ; q=bit.ly/Softball anyone remember a! Crawled its way into Orange County until 2006 time Visitors ; Classmate Profiles ; member Chatter my High school S.... Complaint Procedures, Non-Discrimination Policies, Sexual Harassment Policies or click here to reset it finshed remodeling.... The Business Office oversees campus facilities, facilities usage and permits, maintenance and grounds, transportation! Again adult gang organization, culture diversity gangs and juvenile delinquents are different is! And great teachers Mrs.Sampson, Mr. Butler just to name a few typically... St. Santa Ana, CA a weed on valentines day approximately 1200 students including some special... Get to my head students who are behind the proficiency on state among... Students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need us, the around... Of us have done incredibly well for ourselves teachers Mrs.Sampson, Mr. Butler just to a! My years we were known as being negative as you wrote it amp ; q=bit.ly/Softball from Polo the... Get one-on-one help building your admissions strategy from CollegeAdvisor 's team of over 400+ admissions experts prety calm now had... Types of public schools aim to offer innovative and flexible academic programs grow up as a result bernie,! We 'll class of 82 year book from the school innovative and flexible academic..
Constant Growth Dividend Model Formula, Justin Pippen Basketball Recruiting, Articles V