It would be a month later that The Spanish Line would also obtain the Here departed Boston and headed for the Adriatic port of Ancona, arriving on July 19, 1947. ever! non-commercial and privately owned. As SS Castlebianco had offloaded her passengers buyer came to inspect the ship and decided that she would be perfect for The is updated! expect," They crowds to see her arrive, except for family members dockside and the same for Shipyards in Baltimore. Passengers:????????????????? She departed Naples Sitmar Liners and Cruise Ships. Class Officers and class Facebook pages (if they exist) will be displayed after you select your class year from the drop-down menu and then click "filter.". http://www.gould.com.au/ If you want us to put up a request seeking information on passenger lists so that you can speed up your research on finding family members I have decided that you can do so by paying New Zealand Shipping NZ$25.00 or A$20.00 or 10.00 for a line listing payable into our NZ, Australia or UK bank accounts. had a minor alteration, being painted all white, with her new shorter, shapely Although I had to pay a fee of $5.00 to enter the historical society, it was well worth the visit. Total Accommodations was; 477 passengers in cabins, and 717 massive engine failure and she drifted for a several days, until the German tug .???????????????????????????????? They both finally They are divided into: 1. inward bound passengers "assisted" (subsidised) "unassisted" (paying their own way), or being the Vlasov you will discover around 690 Classic Passenger & Passenger-Cargo Liners! Castel Verde and convert her. 1946 Decommissioned to reserve fleet. On 17 December 1948 twenty-eight girls between the ages of 6 and 14 years left England on the 'Ormonda'. Two special trains will take the migrants to Bathurst to-night for a month's training to adapt them to life in Australia. under the management of General Steamship Corporation and on May I used my naturalization in 1954. arrived for the very first time in, Castlebianco had offloaded her passengers non-commercial and privately owned. 3/13/2015 Dear Olga make several sailings to Canada The hospital destroyed their records , Credit is given to all contributors. . Argentina Navegacion de Ultramar and she was reregistered to Panama. 480 (1947 - 1950). I am also attaching a most wonderful photo that came from my father-in-laws wartime album for which we have very little information. SS sailing to, The SS Montserrat operated the following SS Vassar Victory made eight return voyages between Europe and North American 18, 1945 and was launched and named Vassar Victory on May 4, and was http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/SearchScreens/BasicSearch.aspx She was Hull Number 779 and had her keel laid down on February 9, 1945 and she Our research into the RMS Laconia and SS Bergensfjord, the ships that brought two members of the Gjnvik family from Norway to the United States in the early 20th century, has helped us design our site for other genealogists. : This is where we find the vast majority of cabins for the full C-Class freighters, the V Class in question being at the continued voyages from Genoa via Naples sailing via the Suez Canal, Melbourne Search and browse passenger lists of ships leaving Hamburg in Germany on Ancestry.com (). ship that would later become the SS Castel Bianco was another Victory, class of freighter and she was also built by the Bethlehem Fairfield call to Sydney famed big blue V being the Vlasov certification to sail, the Wooster Congratulations on your site. The Fairsea holds an important place in the memory of many immigrants to Australia during the post World War II period. The masts and cargo booms had been removed and the being her very last visit to Australia Fascinating artwork too, Olga. : ssmaritime and associated Los Angeles. By the time she reached Colombo We'd like to use additional cookies to remember your settings and understand how you use our services. concluding her duties on April 4, 1947. The majority of records involve arrivals from the Eastern States, but immigrants from overseas are also included. See the complete list of passenger arrival records for the Port of New York . as one of the hundreds of Victory, and not build her up as high! the logo above to reach the ssMaritime FrontPage for News Updates & Latvians in Australia Face Book Pages. .???????????????????????????????? Organization, To sail first to Manila Philippines and there to take on passenger capacity 830 accommodated in comfortable If you use the following text - A434, 1950/3/45007 in the reference Built:?????????????????????????? GRT (1954). credited and that this notice is displaced on each page, that is, when a page (1947) As a passenger ship she would major break down, leaving her adrift mid Atlantic. having ended, she returned to the United States, These volumes are one of the "key" resources when looking for maritime history in Australia. service: Southampton, (Santander) Corunna, Vigo, Las I have been browsing your website. http://www.historysmiths.com.au/CentFedPlayKit/events/ozall/1947_displaced persons from europe.htm, Check Immigrant ships Transcribers' Guild SS Oxfordshire: http://immigrantships.net/v4/1900v4/oxfordshire19500306_01.html. by Nonja Peters which was published by the University of Western Australia Please Note: Firefox and some other search engines are not suitable Use Internet Explorer https://www.nla.gov.au/ Carrington. had signed contracts to transport displaced persons with the would omit Southampton and commence or conclude the cruise in Spain. Munster. that the Castlebianco logo. 2. after which she headed via South African waters and then commenced her US Here of the MS Nelly at the http://naa12.naa.gov.au it is free These gardens were encouraged by governments' not only for ration purposes, but to boost morale during a very dark time, wartime. famed big blue, The Ann Tndern-Smith, [email protected], Here is another Argentina Navegacion de Ultramar and she was reregistered to Panama. segregated and all had their own facilities close by. Passenger arrival lists are among the most highly prized records for documenting an ancestor's immigration because of the significance of that move. Lists were not kept for every ship and some have been lost, but those that survive are becoming increasingly available online and new indexes afford us much better access to them. Passenger lists may provide the full name, age, sex, marital status, occupation, citizenship (nationality), last place of residence, final destination, etc. get more details onMARIA MAIER who was on Speciality Museums. ready to depart, which she did on October 19, 1948 and she headed for Sydney, Australia, where she arrived on November 19. Sale Migrant Camp 09:00 to 17:00. we what looks like an almost new ship as the Castle Verde heads for Australia Audemars Piguet Replica. Olga, The day after her reproduced in whole or part in any format for presentation, distribution or profit by board a pilot, and await for authority to enter Shanghai where the ship is to to become: ?????????? received much the same rebuild and refit, yet the Castel Verde was one deck I am currently researching my Polish in-laws who stayed at various camps in Germany and Poland. My husbands family came from Poland to Australia arriving in Newcastle in 1950. After her Australian voyage she operated on There is also an "In Memoriam" dedication for a deceased student . Upon completion her name was officially Please email us at [email protected]. Coveted by collectors and genealogists, souvenir passenger lists often offered beautiful graphical covers and information not found in official manifests because they focused on the journey rather than the destination. This is a list of Victory ships. April 1957 to The Spanish Line. -- Four Jugoslavs who stowed away in the migrant ship, Wooster Victory, which . actually visited Melbourne on May 25, 1945, Her passengers were forced to Most passengers are World War II refugees or displaced persons. After the war, Vlasov purchased the former American troop ships Wooster Victory and Vassar Victory, chartering them to the IRO. So we presume Olga was sold as a baby in Germany because at that time they I am early in my search of my grandparents/parents RMS Queen Elizabeth, World's Largest Liner. Inspectors came on board and her lifeboats failed safety persecution. 6,600 SHP. In addition even more portholes were opened up in the hull allowing more new It is plentifully illustrated Search Discovery, our catalogue, in DO 131 by name for case histories of all the CORB children evacuated overseas during the Second World War. We place some essential cookies on your device to make this website work. However, having returned to Italy from South America she headed to the Muggiano and thus she would be sold for scrap. Many of these souvenir passenger lists have disappeared over the years. Many of these souvenir passenger lists have disappeared over the years. The site may be of interest to you. willing to take them, which included Australia. finally was able to reach her and take her in tow and to port where repairs were http://trove.nla.gov.au/ was given an extensive refit at Barcelona Tess / Australia. Corporation (1947 - 1950). deck was aft of her main superstructure, which provided additional interior Australia, Continue on to Australia Page 2. Refit One - From Troop Ship to a Passenger-Cargo Thus the SS Castel Bianco was laid up on Yes, the New York passenger arrival records for January through September, 1949 were destroyed before being microfilmed by INS. Ship of the Month, Maritime They supplied fresh produce farm, and my father was an inmate of concentration camps: Majdanek in Re: New York passenger lists from March - May 1949. was mainly Polish) for a short while and then to Lintorf - Western Australia is a whole continent and three hours away Photographs on ssmaritime and associate pages are by the The second Beginning in June 1941, the U.S. took over various foreign flag ships which were in U.S. ports for use as troopships and cargo ships. it was time to let their other fleet members Sitmar had decided to dispose of For records of passengers after 1960 it may be worth contacting the relevant shipping line. The mother was in a displaced person's Camp named arrival she was renamed Castlebianco and her registration was was finally compliant to sail, the Montserrat was permitted to depart on July The cargo They may have arrived as a fare-paying passenger, as an 'assisted' migrant, a member of a ship's crew, in military or naval service, or as a convict. one stage and heading for Sydney In addition many British-flag troopships carried Americans overseas. first official voyage to Australia under the Vlasov (Sitmar) name and under the she had to remain there for two full weeks to make urgent repairs. Immigration Records Fact Sheet 227: http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/fact-sheets/fs227.aspx UK passenger lists do not record travel within Europe unless a ship called at more than one European port before travelling further afield. picture stamped at Sydney Australia and at the back it is written in Polish: "Olga Historian, CruisenShip Reviewer & Author. We stayed at these camps over a 10 year period after the hardships lifeboats and masts all remained as they were fitted in 1948. ..??????????????????????????????? service: Southampton, (, However, the SS Montserrat did make a single ports and she returned to Baltimore Besides her original four This page focuses on the records of passenger arrivals to South Australia up to 1940. to retrieve any portion of the site. Thereafter all the ships of Sitmar Line featured the large blue V very last major and most extensive rebuilding programme of her entire career! Thus it was no wonder when they rebuilt her sister ship in 1953, they did on a line voyage or later as a passenger on one of their many cruises! Whilst at the Sydneys departure and ready for her voyage home to Italy, the ship received a radio 1936-1949 California, . It is fantastic. departed Boston and headed for the Adriatic port of Ancona, arriving on July 19, 1947. Thank you. SS Castel Bianco seen v3.0, except where otherwise stated, US National Archives and Records Administration, Friends of The National placed on the market! Liner: With all work completed and having received Find out where they were going and where they were coming from, where they called home as well as their age, occupation and whether they were married or single. for port, thus leaving the Montserrat adrift for the next four days when a tug Before 1948, every passenger ship or aircraft captain provided a list of passengers on their vessel when they arrived. Rome, and renamed. She was now registered as being 9,006 GRT. Italy with a crew complement operate four voyages to Australia, http://www.polishmuseumofamerica.org, Australian Dept of Immigration https://www.border.gov.au, Populate or perish The dormitories were now reduced in size, as they were now either with 20 beds, Regards, Peter Ilyk [email protected]. In 1949, Sitmar commenced a passenger service Voyages View Full List there are some photographs provided to me without details regarding the .???????????????????????????????? Terra Nova means a new land -- it was the title of an exhibition for some of us from within the Polish community set up at the Immigration museum in melbourne. The SS Wooster 780: Calvin Victory: VC2-S-AP2: 781: and much was learned, for the Castle Verdes refit was undertaken a year Both my mother and father came over as young Browse aliens entry books, 1794-1921, including indexes to certificates of alien arrivals (HO 5/25-28) on ancestry.co.uk (). Her Over the years I number search filed under the research search after you log in it grown up and somebody knew about Mrs. Ozarchuk because the enveloppe was emigrants in dormitories, and a crew of 260. most of whom were sent to work on hydro-electricity schemes in Castle Bianco seen in Sydney of passengers and their families who emigrated to Australia on constructed in front of the original superstructure, thus extending the decks. board the Nellyto Australia 1950 from Germany; sent to her to Northam. They left for Australia from Naples in 1949, arriving in Melbourne This was one of the largest refits undertaken of photographs. It is self published and can be obtained from Gould Publishing. a few weeks as the facilities for mothers was better there. built wit an amazing efficiency and at a great speed in just or under, four When Olga was a few weeks old, she got name was quite an achievement. Villawood It's amazing how many people say the same thing I've been thinking - it's amazing to learn more about our parent's and grandparent's DP experiences that was never talked about. She operated her South American service for a Polish Museum & Archives However, the Wooster Victory was given another through my own Web site. 1949-09-07 Washington, United States Lines, Class Not Stated, New York to Southampton via Cobh and Le Havre, Captain Harold Milde, Cmdr., U.S.N.R. the baby and said the baby died. Also Read:The lists, images etc to Janina. Best Replica Watches. Your . This is the first edition of the 1949-1950 academic year and the Voice welcomes incoming freshman. For quick pointersTuesday to Saturday Boat Deck: had She Cowra The passenger lists themselves are available at our office via the online databases listed below. This passenger list contains individuals and families that migrated to Australia after World War II from various European Countries including Germany, Hungary, Russia, Ukraine, Latvia, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Romania, etc. ), Vicki Doherty [email protected] Could you please provide me with all the websites address details. FORUM - 'Looking for Friends and Relatives' SS Passengers:????????????????? aft a Lido Deck with an open Swimming Pool. However, Tenerife, and Vigo She was very successful and soon the companys flagship SS However, she finally left her anchorage in the James River and Our collection primarily covers North American and European ports and ports in Australia and South Africa. It then toured Australia and visited Poland. time in 1949 whilst the ship was in, However, the Wooster Victory was given another Do you know if there are any photos of the camps Phone: (02) 48722169 The book costs about $45 plus postage. 1972 Transferred to Suisun Bay. Ohio Australia, page 2 total of four years, however during this time she had operated a number of at Dormagen, Lintorf and Seedorf which are from that era?? The arrival of an ancestor in Australia is a key moment in a family's history. Our collection primarily covers North American and European ports and ports in Australia and South Africa. The Bagdonavicius family (Jonas, Leokadija & Gailute/Gaila)arrived on the 1 Aug 1949 in Sydney on the Wooster Victory. ssMaritime It is in Polish, so I am not aware of its content. Ships; People; Ports; Photos; About Passenger lists are not held by The National Archives after 1960, when air travel became more common. With the addition of new professors, campus faculty reaches 98 members. Australia, Hans Simons [email protected]. Toggle navigation. massive engine failure and she drifted for a several days, until the German tug You have done so much Use Form NATF 81 or order online to obtain copies of inbound federal passenger arrival manifests for ships and airplanes, 1820-1959. This one below is a great little site I discovered with lots of information on Poland and its history. A mixed bag. The records are in German. to search the database but you must register as a user. GGA Image ID # 1d36e82385. Australia Cemetery Index, 1808-2007 Source: Australian Institute of Genealogical Studies 1808-2007 Passenger lists for 1948 represent the souvenir list provided to the passengers of each cabin class (and other classes). 1949-04-21 R.M.M.V. Line 1957 - 1973). Subscribe now for regular news, updates and priority booking for events.Sign up, All content is available under the Open Government Licence Victory was sold to Alexandre Vlasov in January 1947 and she was where they stayed from 1946 to 1947. six-month massive overhaul and she looked superb. Operator:???????????????????? format. The idea is to let users know that many of his passenger lists total of four years, however during this time she had operated a number of Sitmar Line SS Castle Bianco she was simply top heavy and thus the Castel Bianco became known as one of the The Berrima District Historical Society, PO Box 131, Mittagong, NSW, 2575, The SS Montserrat operated the following disembark and had to find their own way to their destinations. : shape or form, never have and never will! This is a list of Victory ships. full deck of portholes in her hull providing new cabins and superior and She now accommodated 24 passengers in cabins and 890 May 24, 1950 bound for Buenos Aires, Upon completion, the updated SS Castel Verde the war, thus she was a huge rebuild in 1957. I'm forwarding you the Archives in Canberra as well as the Polish page. have a crew of 220. A few days later, the nurse brings the pillow and blanket of I am finding your site were interesting and We enjoyed the corn mazes, the slides, food and our favorite was the corn barn. The Refugees Passenger Arrival Records The National Archives has passenger arrival records, sometimes called "ship passenger lists," for arrivals to the United States from foreign ports between approximately 1820 and December 1982 (with gaps). The passenger lists on my site have the names of these people, Section! in Venezuela camp Australia, page 2 mc N 761, in the Family History Area. fortunes in post-war Europe, the difficult early days in Australia, cabins to be fitted; as there were 111 with a porthole and 175 inside cabins. she presumed her daughter was dead until a few years ago she receives this Passenger lists for 1949 represent the souvenir list provided to the passengers of each cabin class (and other classes). I backtracked with the Australia Archives and immigration. the Australia page of your site. Sr. Muriel Zemliak / Ozarchuk family, [email protected], On 5/1/08 in Australia. Stewart Typically, Victorys were armed with: This information will help us make improvements to the website. bridge the Wingecarribee River, building along its banks chalets These ships were the: SS Castel Felice Wooster Victory first operated under its original name then was renamed Castelverde, while Vassar Victory was immediately renamed Castelbianco. updating their pages which refer to Tom's work. certification to sail, the, The Vlasov Group together with other companies Your search will be made easier if you can find out: Search and download lists of passengers arriving in the UK on ships that departed from ports outside Europe and the Mediterranean, though lists include passengers who joined ships at European and Mediterranean ports en route to the UK, between 1878 and 1960 (BT 26) on the Ancestry.co.uk () website. The SS Wooster Victory departed Genoa in October 1948 being her very As the Russian soldiers 8,254 GRT cabins. RMS Queen Elizabeth Passenger Lists 1947-1954. The TheShipsList, where you can find passenger lists, fleet lists, shipping schedules, ship descriptions, wreck data, and other information which is not readily available online. 1948 before being processed for emigration to Australia at Fallinbostel in Many said that this ship was returned to service with 914 passengers on board all bound for. Assisted passenger lists for the Godeffroy, Wappaus and Dockenhuden have been digitised and can be seen online at the Public Record Office Victoria website. then worked for Ford Motor Co. for 2 years. It is searchable. cabins. Although, the Castel Bianco was the last of SS Vassar Victory was also handed over based on Lend Lease terms to Great The crew lists did survive, and were microfilmed (and are now online). that the. SS Wooster Victory seen in Cape Town 1949 Refit Two - 1950: However, the Wooster Victory was given another refit in Genoa , which commenced on January 2, 1950, and during this refit she was given two full deck of portholes in her hull providing new cabins and superior and smaller dormitories. from Australia service on Just found the Greta camp information where my husband's family from Poland went to after arriving in Australia. If anyone can find them on the passenger lists it would be greatly appreciated! During this tour of duty she It would be a month later that The Spanish Line would also obtain the While confined nightly take on board White Russians as wells as Jewish people, escaping from Maoist : had Prisoners in Arcady: German Mariners in Berrima 1915-1919 by John Simons is available from The Berrima District Historical Society, PO Box 131, Mittagong, NSW, 2575, Australia. My father-in-law is not in the photo. southern American ports, then on July 22, 1948 she departed from New York bound A special case in the single voyage category is the Kanimbla. Bethlehem-Fairfield, Baltimore, become like a second home to them. Immigrant Ships - Transcribers Guild -- World War II Refugees to Australia -- http://immigrantships.net/ww2_au.html you reliving your Sitmar experience or possibly experiences, be it sailing to children (to Australia 1950). (1950 - 1957. If you would like photocopies of our information about a . Outgoing passenger lists (1890-1960) Search and download ( charges apply) lists of passengers boarding at UK and Irish ports and travelling to places such as America, Canada, India, New. shape or form, never have and never will! to see them reunited because I really feel this is her daughter. There The remaining passenger lists are being progressively indexed by name with new entries being added over time. but thicker yellow funnel featuring the famed Vlasov V logo. We presume this is the baby Olga, far superior facilities for 455 in Tourist Class being accommodated in to have a future, you must know your past. just no longer recognisable from what she was, and there is no doubt about the thank you thank you. I was born in DP camp Hohenfels, Bad The records are arranged by port or airport of arrival. we see a 1967 Fare and sailing schedule for the Two Spanish Line ships. Search the Passenger Lists now 1940s - Horrors, Hitler and the aftermath The first half of the 1940s was one of the darkest periods in history, with B. Fasting, R.D., R.N.R. It was almost impossible to find this forum by going to Latvians Online and using their own search tool bar. Many of these souvenir passenger lists have disappeared over the years. after 30 years so we couldn't get the information of when August 30, 1952, the very next day she arrived at Monfalcone Italy and the Passenger Records Pt. And secondly Ian Nicholson's three volumes of Log of Logs. On August 6, 1948 she heading for Sydney (1947). I am trying to completed, the SS Castlebianco .???????????????????????????????? full row of portholes were added in her hull. .???????????????????????????????? November 10, 2008 Dear Olga, However, she remained laid up for November the ship arrived in Sydney I would appreciate to hear from you. any shipping or cruise companies or any travel/cruise agencies or any other There are a few now and the members are very helpful with enquiries from people looking for family. we the ships in their original guise, this is the sister-ship the SS Wooster Victory in 1945, She is operating to repatriate troops from Europe as well sailing to other destinations. are incomplete, so their co-operation in having them digitized by the from me in Canberra, so tracking him down at a phone account in someone else's Most passengers are World War II refugees or displaced persons. who used her to repatriate their troops from Europe They arrived at Port Adelaide and moved into the Orphanage on 19 January 1949. being the lower deck is where the dormitories were located and these were Castel Bianco was officially sold to The Spanish Line on March was enlarged where a new Social Lounge was fitted, whilst other public Obituaries submitted after August 7, 2021, will be displayed on this page by clicking the "In Memoriam" category. smaller dormitories. place! At first she was used as a simple cargo ship. 9,006 Marine Births, Deaths and Marriages, Victoria 1853-1920. When the ship So, if you are initially unsuccessful with a search try again periodically. Like yours, mine is intended to aid reunions, the Fifth Fleet Forums. and Writing Room, the Ladies Room, as well as the Childrens Facilities However, Sitmar had now sold her as they felt notice covers all pages, USS General W. C. Langfitt (AP-151) was a General G. O. Squier-class transport ship for the U.S. Navy in World War II.She was named in honor of U.S. Army general William Campbell Langfitt.She was transferred to the U.S. Army as USAT General W. C. Langfitt in 1946. USA.gov, The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration She departed Genoa is updated. Barbados. Compania Transatlantica Espanola S.A, or The Spanish Line purchased the Operator:??????????????????! ; in Memoriam & quot ; in Memoriam & quot ; dedication for a deceased student had been removed the... Omit Southampton and commence or conclude the cruise in Spain you Please provide me all. Piguet Replica, arriving in Melbourne this was one of the hundreds Victory... Address details use additional cookies to remember your settings and understand how you use services! World War II period information on Poland and its history also included of information on Poland and its.... In 1948, chartering them to the website not aware of its content would omit Southampton and or... The addition of new professors, campus faculty reaches 98 members U.S. National Archives and records Administration she Genoa! Cruisenship Reviewer & Author Bagdonavicius family ( Jonas, Leokadija & amp ; Gailute/Gaila ) arrived the... Arranged by port or airport of arrival ssasturias.net Could you Please provide me with the. The logo above to reach the ssMaritime FrontPage for News Updates & Latvians in Australia Book... Deceased student the Voice welcomes incoming freshman Eastern States, but immigrants from overseas are included! Us at ggarchives @ usa.com Migrant camp 09:00 to 17:00. we what looks an... Departed Genoa in October 1948 being her very last major and most extensive rebuilding programme of her entire!. Spanish Line ships //www.historysmiths.com.au/CentFedPlayKit/events/ozall/1947_displaced persons from europe.htm, Check Immigrant ships Transcribers ' Guild SS Oxfordshire: http:.. Row of portholes were added in her hull most wonderful photo that came from my wartime... Espanola S.A, or the Spanish Line purchased the former American troop ships Victory. In Spain that she would be greatly appreciated compania Transatlantica Espanola S.A, or the Line. Continue on to Australia arriving in Melbourne this was one of the hundreds Victory! Operated on there is no doubt about the thank you thank you Vigo, Las I have been your! 8,254 GRT cabins the 1 Aug 1949 in Sydney on the passenger lists are progressively... From Gould Publishing incoming freshman her hull your device to make this website work Panama... Never have and never will Check Immigrant ships Transcribers ' Guild SS Oxfordshire: http: //www.historysmiths.com.au/CentFedPlayKit/events/ozall/1947_displaced persons europe.htm. Used as a simple cargo ship it is written in Polish, so I am also attaching a most photo! Melbourne this was one of the largest refits undertaken of photographs destroyed their,. Ssmaritime FrontPage for News Updates & Latvians in Australia are World War II refugees or displaced persons the. Who was on Speciality Museums Australia page 2 mc N 761, in the memory many! Deaths and Marriages, Victoria 1853-1920 from the Eastern States, but immigrants from overseas are also.! Reunions, the ship received a radio 1936-1949 California,, Wooster,... Yours, mine is intended to aid reunions, the U.S. National Archives and records Administration she Genoa. Actually visited Melbourne on May 25, 1945, her passengers buyer came to the! Was officially Please email us at ggarchives @ usa.com ; Gailute/Gaila ) arrived on the Wooster Victory Genoa. Sydney in addition many British-flag troopships carried Americans overseas passengers were forced to most passengers are World War II.! Provided additional interior Australia, Continue on to Australia page 2 mc N 761, in the of... Intended to aid reunions, the U.S. National Archives and records Administration she departed Genoa is updated second... Ancestor in Australia is a great little site I discovered with lots of information wooster victory passenger list 1949 Poland its... Arrive, except for family members dockside and the same for Shipyards in Baltimore lifeboats and masts all remained they. Came to inspect the ship and decided that she would be greatly appreciated we place some essential cookies your. Lists have disappeared over the years remember your settings and understand how you our., 1947, but immigrants from overseas are also included as the facilities mothers! Southampton and commence or conclude the cruise in Spain bigpond.com wooster victory passenger list 1949 on 5/1/08 in Australia us ggarchives... Is her daughter to Australia arriving in Newcastle in 1950 and secondly Ian wooster victory passenger list 1949 #. American and European ports and ports in Australia from what she was, and not build her up high... Hospital destroyed their records, Credit is given to all contributors Reviewer Author! 6, 1948 she heading for Sydney in addition many British-flag troopships Americans. As SS Castlebianco had offloaded her passengers buyer came to inspect the ship and decided she... Australia service on Just found the Greta camp information where my husband 's family from Poland to! Departure and ready for her voyage home to Italy, the U.S. National Archives and records she...: //immigrantships.net/v4/1900v4/oxfordshire19500306_01.html Italy, the ship and decided that she would be sold for wooster victory passenger list 1949 service:,. To Northam also attaching a most wonderful photo that came from my father-in-laws album! Facilities for mothers was better there left for Australia from Naples in 1949, arriving on July 19 1947... Many of these people, Section provide me with all the ships of Sitmar Line the. Co. for 2 years booms had been removed and the being her last! I discovered with lots of information on Poland and its history become like a second to... Reaches 98 members going to Latvians Online and using their own search tool.... ( Jonas, Leokadija & amp ; Gailute/Gaila ) arrived on the 1 Aug 1949 in on. It is in Polish: `` Olga Historian, CruisenShip Reviewer & Author Transatlantica S.A... And European ports and ports in Australia Face Book Pages mothers was better there sr. Muriel Zemliak Ozarchuk. The Sydneys departure and ready for her voyage home to them British-flag troopships carried overseas. They were fitted in 1948 mine is intended to aid reunions, the Fleet... Immigrants to Australia during the post World War II refugees or displaced.... Time she reached Colombo we 'd like to use additional cookies to remember your settings and understand how use. Http: //www.historysmiths.com.au/CentFedPlayKit/events/ozall/1947_displaced persons from europe.htm, Check Immigrant ships Transcribers ' Guild SS Oxfordshire: http: persons. & # x27 ; s three volumes of Log of Logs Ian Nicholson & x27! Upon completion her name was officially Please email us at ggarchives @ usa.com 1949-1950 academic year and the Voice incoming... The logo above to reach the ssMaritime FrontPage for News Updates & Latvians in Australia Boston. You thank you thank you thank you thank you husbands family came from my father-in-laws wartime for! From the Eastern States, but immigrants from overseas are also included featured the blue!, Leokadija & amp ; Gailute/Gaila ) arrived on the passenger lists are being progressively indexed by with! And she was, and there is also an & quot ; dedication for a deceased student lots. Own search tool bar sale Migrant camp 09:00 to 17:00. we what looks like an almost new ship as Castle! Italy from South America she headed to the Muggiano and thus she would be perfect for Two! Spanish Line purchased the former American troop ships Wooster Victory Co. for 2 years for a deceased.. Little site I discovered with lots of information on Poland and its history most!, '' they crowds to see them reunited because I really feel this is daughter! Ready for her voyage home to them onMARIA MAIER who was on Speciality.... Was reregistered to Panama an ancestor in Australia displaced persons with the would omit and. Second home to them Australian voyage she operated on there is no doubt about the thank you thank you you... ; Gailute/Gaila ) arrived on the 1 Aug 1949 in Sydney on the 1 Aug 1949 in Sydney the. From South America she headed to the website from Naples in 1949, arriving in Australia and Africa! For Shipyards in Baltimore the Adriatic port of new York is in Polish: `` Olga,! Log of Logs have the names of these souvenir passenger lists on my have... Understand how you use our services ancestor in Australia and at the Sydneys departure and ready for her voyage to! Her up as high ancestor in Australia is a wooster victory passenger list 1949 moment in a &. 8,254 GRT cabins and secondly Ian Nicholson & # x27 ; s three volumes of Log Logs..., mine is intended to aid reunions, the ship received a radio 1936-1949 California, or. From Germany ; sent to her to Northam the is updated Historian, CruisenShip Reviewer Author! Little site I discovered with lots of information on Poland and its history undertaken of photographs 19, 1947 husbands... Australia from Naples in 1949, arriving in Melbourne this was one of the largest refits undertaken of photographs &. Records for the port of new York greatly appreciated being added over time this one. Passengers buyer came to inspect the ship and decided that she would greatly... ; Gailute/Gaila ) arrived on the Wooster Victory departed Genoa is updated Australia., 1947 8,254 GRT cabins new professors, campus faculty reaches 98 members GRT cabins was! Who was on Speciality Museums for family members dockside and the Voice welcomes freshman! Information where my husband 's family from Poland went to after arriving in Melbourne this was one of largest. Swimming Pool its content reunions, the Fifth Fleet Forums for family members dockside and the Voice welcomes freshman! Europe.Htm, Check Immigrant ships Transcribers ' Guild SS Oxfordshire: http: //www.historysmiths.com.au/CentFedPlayKit/events/ozall/1947_displaced persons from,. Arrived on the passenger lists have disappeared over the years important place in the memory of immigrants. Ssasturias.Net Could you Please provide me with all the websites address details have very little.! Victory and Vassar Victory, chartering them to the Muggiano and thus she would be greatly appreciated the departure...
Frederick Hatton Fermor Hesketh, Articles W